Saturday, November 1, 2008

IF I COULD TURN BACK TIME

That song won't leave my head this morning. It must be the singing alarm that is reminding me to turn my clocks back one hour tonight. Of course the task itself takes me nearly an hour, so I never quite feel the savings. In fact, I feel I lose a couple of hours, just trying to re-orient myself and adjust all my calendars and clocks. We always remark how the Summer Solstice (June 21st) is the longest day of the year-- although it's still only a 24-hour one. I would just have to argue that it's when we turn our clocks back, because we've just charted a 25-hour day. I've never understood why we try to turn the time back. It's literally impossible. The Native Americans understood the foolishness of this concept:


When told the reason for Daylight Saving time the old Indian said...
'Only a white man would believe that you could cut a foot off the top of a blanket
and sew it to the bottom of a blanket and have a longer blanket.' -Dessey L. Kuhlke

Make every minute count today. It's A Wonderful Time To Be Home!

CLICK CART TO SHOP FOR HOMES IN AUBURN-OPELIKA, ALABAMA

© Copyright 2008 - This posting and the contents written here, except where noted, are the property of Mara Hawks, All Rights Reserved

No comments: